Reminder: Dog License Renewals are due by April 1st each year.

Dog Licensing (Click here) 

Marriage Licenses: Out-of-State applicants can obtain a license from any Town in the State and the marriage can be performed anywhere in the State.  Licenses are recorded in the Town where the License was issued.  At least one party must visit the Town Office to show adequate identification, sign and obtain the license, during normal business hours (M-Th 9-3) - both applicants must first have signed an application.  The Clerk can also supply names of local Justices of the Peace, who can perform the ceremony.  For an application (click here).  For guidelines (click here).  For additional guidance for Temporary or Out-of-State Officiants (click here).

Vital Records:  On July 1, 2019 new laws went into effect regarding the issuance of vital records.  For information concerning this issue (click here).

Voter Registration: Vermont's Elections Management Platform - This site allows potential new voters to register to vote online and then provides access to an individual's "My Voter Page" once activated (click here).

2021 Biennial Purge of the Voter Checklist:

Letters to the BCA and Secretary of State to finalize the 2021 Purge Process.

This office does not process Vehicle Registrations. For further information visit the
VT Department of Motor Vehicles

This office does not process Hunting or Fishing licenses. For further information visit Vermont Fish and Wildlife

Businesses: Businesses may require licensing through the State.  Property owners who currently rent or intend to rent out a room or rooms short-term (i.e. to skiers), please note that laws exist which may affect you.  Visit the business section at State Permits  for further details. 

Land Records (Deeds, Mortgages, Liens, etc.) are recorded by Towns in VT.  Fees are $15.00 per page.
Property Transfer Tax Returns must be filed with all Deeds.  (Click here for more information about PTTRs.)  (For the PTT-172 form click here)  Then click on "File a Return" Then in "Select which account type you wish to file for" - select "Property Transfer" and complete the form in accordance with instructions.)

Helpful Resources:
Vermont Government Website
Vermont Statutes Online

VT Dept. of Liquor ControlBlank Applications can be found here (click here).

Notary Public Application (Click here)

Town Clerk

Town of Stratton, Vermont

Municipal Website


For Election information, please see the "Calendar of Events" Page.

Absentee Ballot Request form
(If you wish to vote absentee, one option is to print out this form, complete it and send it to the Town Office)

Town Clerk: 
D. Kent Young 
9 West Jamaica Road
Stratton, VT 05360
Phone: 802-896-6184
Fax: 802-896-6630
Office Hours: Mon. - Thurs. 9am to 3pm
Assistant Town Clerk:
Candie Bernard

OFFICE Routines:  The Stratton Town Office vault is accessible by appointment only.  Please call to schedule.  Additionally, if the door is locked during business hours, please ring the doorbell for service and someone will help you.